Chinese Herbal Therapy Benefits
Chinese herbal medicine, also known as Chinese herbology, is one of the primary modalities within the scope of Oriental Medicine, which also includes acupuncture.
In addition to providing effective treatment for a wide range of health disorders, Chinese herbal medicine may also be used to help boost the immune system and strengthen or enhance normal body functions for the prevention of disease and illness.
Conditions typically treated with Chinese herbal medicine include:
- Insomnia and fatigue
- Loss of appetite and common digestive disorders, including reflux and heartburn
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Common cold and influenza
- Chronic headaches, migraines
- Skin disorders
- Fluid retention
- Anxiety, depression and stress
- Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- Premenstrual syndrome and painful menstruation
- Excessive menstruation
- Impotence and prostate disorders
If you have questions about how Chinese herbal medicine can help you, please call our office and ask to speak with our board certified Chinese herbal practitioner.